MedAssist NZ works directly with private individuals, government agencies, medical aid programmes and insurance companies from countries throughout the South Pacific.
Our in-house medical team and patient coordinator work with you to understand your medical needs, work with referring physicians and take care of all your travel requirements, including:
- Selecting the appropriate specialist and hospital
- Booking the diagnostics and tests
- Arrange flights via airline carrier or our dedicated air ambulance
- Medical escort if clinically required for transport over to NZ
- Access to a pharmacy and other healthcare services
- Emergency medical visa if required
- Accommodation in an apartment with a self-catering option
- Treatment plan and daily welfare checks
- Transport to and from appointments
- Baby stroller and car seat available for infants
- Cost containment
- Post care and access to virtual follow up on return home.
We specialise in caring for patients from the South Pacific. Our team speak English and Samoan and understand the cultural needs of our patients, ensuring they are supported in what can be a stressful time. Medical interpreters are available in most languages, along with pastoral care during your stay.